[ BLAMBLOG ]
Ed Locke's Grandpa
[ PILOTS! ]
Confessions of a Monkey
[ A-TEAM ]
AllThingsChristie & BWE
[ TORONTO ROCKS ]
Bacon and Eh's
Day in the Life
[ ALL IN THE FAMILY ]
[ ORGANIZIZED ]
[ BEACHCOMBERS ]
[ GOTHAM CITY ]
My Blog is Poop
[ ST. ELSEWHERE ]
Brett Lamb: Oz
Dust My Broom
Go Fug Yourself
Grrrl Meets World
[ 6 O'CLOCK NEWS ]
The Smoking Gun
[ CARTOONS ]
of the Atom
Smell of Steve
[ VARIETY HOUR ]
Milk & Cookies
[ RERUNS ]
[ 2005 ]
[ 2004 ]
[ 2002 ]
[ 2003 ]
Monday, January 03, 2005
Everyone's taking on these questions (I found them at Marmalade), so I am, too. Except I'm not answering for this year, instead I'm going to provide my answers for 1985:
What? I was sixteen!
- What did you do in 1985 that you’d never done before? Worked as a lifeguard. Got drunk. Got really drunk. Drew naked people.
- Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Nope & nope.
- Did anyone close to you give birth? Not while they were close to me.
- Did anyone close to you die? An acquaintance was killed by terrorists.
- What countries did you visit? I went to Niagara Falls. Is that a country? Could have gone to Spain but didn't.
- What would you like to have in 1986 that you lacked in 1985? Nerves of steel.
- What dates from 1985 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Sept 3, the day I started art school. July 30, the night I almost kissed that girl. August 10, the night that 20-yr-old offered to teach me how to make-out.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year? Making a bunch of Super8 sci-fi flicks.
- What was your biggest failure? Mucking up in the swimming instructor course. Not taking up the 20-yr-old on her offer to teach me how to make-out.
- Did you suffer illness or injury? Only my wits.
- What was the best thing you bought? My first colour tv to use as a monitor for the C64!
- Whose behavior merited celebration? Mine!
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Steve's boasting. Dickson when he said it was okay to drink beer through a straw.
- Where did most of your money go? The tv!
- What did you get really, really, really excited about? Playing C64 games in colour.
- What song will always remind you of 1985? We Don't Need Another Hero, Timebomb Town.
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Richer
- What do you wish you’d done more of? Kissing girls.
- What do you wish you’d done less of? Not kissing girls.
- How did you spend Christmas? Home drawing and watching Benny Hill
- How many one-night stands? None ... I'm sixteen!
- What was your favorite TV program? Miami Vice, Family Ties, Night Court
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Pelzer.
- What was the best book you read? Some crazy 9000-page Lord of the Rings-type fantasy thing. It all ends well.
- What was your greatest musical discovery? The Residents
- What did you want and get? To go off to art school.
- What did you want and not get? To kiss Gina. And Krista. And ...
- What was your favorite film of this year? Back to the Future
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was sixteen, I did nothing remarkable.
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having a 1-tonne weight fall on Pelzer's head.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 1985? Crazy 80s, esp the ultra-baggy grey pants.
- What kept you sane? Drawing
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Danielle von Zerneck
- What political issue stirred you the most? LiveAid being so overrated. The French sinking the GreenPeace boat.
- Who did you miss? The gang at the old school.
- Who was the best new person you met? Favro
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 1985. Don't hedge.
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year Just once in his life, a man has his time, and my time is now, I'm coming alive ...
, # ,